Creative Nonfiction submissions are always open. Fiction and Poetry submissions will open August 1, 2019
In order to keep our journal running, LUMINA requires a $3.00 service fee for online submissions. In an effort to offset this fee, we will send you a back issue if you choose the $10.00 payment option.
Thank you for trusting your work with LUMINA.
$3.00 - Submission fee
$7.00 - Submission + Back Issue
$12.00 - Submission + Latest Issue
If you are ordering an issue with your submission, be sure to state this in your cover letter.
LUMINA Journal seeks nonfiction that is fresh and unexpected. LUMINA values voices that are authentic, original and that completely absorb us with their command of the story-telling craft. We like work that understands its context and how it functions in our wider world; work that really says something. We like to laugh and cry, and the odd pop culture reference never goes amiss.
WHAT SHOULD I KNOW BEFORE SUBMITTING?
- Please include a cover letter stating the number of pages and word count. Include a 100 word (max) bio at the bottom of your cover letter.
- Format: Pieces should be formatted double-spaced, in Times New Roman 12pt font. Pieces not formatted under these guidelines will be disregarded.
- Submit: one submission at a time, and wait to hear back before submitting again.
- Word count: 3,000 words maximum per longer prose piece, or up to 3 flash pieces of 1,000 words each (submitted as a single document).
- DO NOT INCLUDE your name or any personal information in the body of your submission. LUMINA likes work to speak for itself, so that emerging writers may be considered fairly against more accomplished bylines.
- Previously published works will not be considered.
- We do accept simultaneous submissions. Please notify LUMINA via Submittable immediately if your work is accepted elsewhere.
- All work submitted will be considered for LUMINA Online, as well as for LUMINA print Volume XIX.
- If you order an issue of LUMINA with your submission, please supply your mailing address in your cover letter so that we can send you the issue without delay.
Thank you for trusting us with your work. We look forward to reading!