In order to keep our journal running, LUMINA requires a $3.00 service fee for online submissions. In an effort to offset this fee, we will send you a back issue if you choose the $10.00 payment option.
Thank you for trusting your work with LUMINA.
$3.00 - Submission
$5.00 - Submission + Back Issue
$10.00 - Submission + Latest Issue
If you are ordering an issue with your submission, be sure to state this in your cover letter.
LUMINA Vol. XVIII seeks Fiction, Poetry and Non-Fiction pieces that break the literary rules. LUMINA Journal is a reflection of the Sarah Lawrence College community; a creative cohort of progression, diversity and creative experimentation. No theme. All work welcome.
- Please include a cover letter stating the number of pages and word count. Include a 100 word (max) bio at the bottom of your cover letter.
- Pieces should be formatted double-spaced, in Times New Roman 12pt font. Pieces not formatted under these guidelines will be disregarded.
- Poets may submit up to three poems, 60 lines maximum per poem.
- Prose writers may submit up to two pieces, 5,000 words maximum per piece.
- When submitting multiple selections, please submit them in a single document.
- DO NOT INCLUDE your name or any personal information in the body of your submission.
- Previously published works will not be considered.
- We do accept simultaneous submissions. Please notify LUMINA via Submittable immediately if your work is accepted elsewhere.
- All work submitted will also be considered for LUMINA's Online Journal.
- If you order an issue of LUMINA with your submission, please supply your mailing address in your cover letter so that we can send you the issue without delay.
Thank you for trusting us with your work. We look forward to reading!